From Principal Lynn Dole's June 8, 2014 Newsletter:
MAEC presents “Two Roads”
Join us this June for the Mohawk Arts & Education Council's production of "Two Roads."
An intriguing blend of monologues, poetry, and short plays, "Two Roads" examines the themes of decision and consequence. This innovative collection of dramatic works features the writings of literary greats such as Susan Glaspell, David Sedaris, and Robert Frost, as well as original student-written monologues. Performances will be held in the Mohawk Auditorium on Friday, June 13th and Saturday, June 14th at 7:00 pm. We hope to see you there!
Students interested in trying out for Select Chorus can audition on Monday, June 16th after school. You will need to learn a dance routine for the audition. Dance practices will be held after school on Friday, June 13th. Stop by the music room and speak with Mr. Halligan for more information.
Friday, June 13th: MS/HS ensembles perform at BSE, Colrain and Sanderson
Monday, June 16th: MS/HS ensembles perform at Heath, and Hawlemont/Rowe
Mohawk Music Association
Just a reminder that the next MMA meeting is coming up Tuesday, June 10th. We will be meeting at 6:30 in the library at Mohawk. This will be our last meeting for this school year. We will be wrapping up the year, hold election of officers, and begin thinking about our plans for next year.
We would love to see you at the meeting to give us your input. These are some of the activities the Mohawk Music Association plans for the coming year and ways that you can get involved:
· Helping at Open House - Fall and Spring (take a turn at the MMA table)
· Helping at our annual pie sale at the Booster Day Game (organize, work, bake pies, line up workers and/or folks to bake pies)
· Helping at our annual Baked Potato Sale at the Ashfield Fall Festival (organize, work, bake potatoes, line up folks to potato bakers and/or work, set-up, take-down)
· Organizing a fundraising booth at Moonlight Magic
· Helping with refreshments at music events - Holiday concert, All-School Musical, Kids in Concert and Spring concert (line up workers and/or bakers, work at the table, set-up, take-down)
Thank you for all you may have done to help the MMA this year. Remember, "many hands make light work" and we look forward to your hands helping us next year.