From National Public Radio's deceptive cadence blog:
10 Easy Ways To Optimize Your Music Practice
- Find somewhere quiet.
- Have your supplies nearby.
- Technology can be an amazing aid.
- Begin with the end in mind: Have a goal for each practice session before you start playing.
- Map a practice session out like a workout.
- Practice smarter, not necessarily longer.
- Don't always start at the beginning every time.
- Challenge yourself — physically.
- Practice away from your instrument.
- Reward hard work — in positive ways — to help your brain automate good habits.
- 'Next!' How Do You Reduce Audition Anxiety?
- How Do You Encourage Your Kid Without Being A Crazy Stage Parent?
- Getting Kids To Practice Music — Without Tears Or Tantrums